Summer is just around the corner, which means it’s time to start planning your vacations! But before you hit the road with your furry friend, make sure they are healthy and ready to enjoy the sun, sand, and surf.
Here are some tips to ensure your dog is healthy for summer vacation:
- Schedule a visit to the vet and sign up for a wellness plan: Take your dog to the vet for a checkup and make sure they are up-to-date on their vaccinations. Your vet can also provide recommendations on flea and tick prevention.
- Stay hydrated: Bring plenty of water for your dog, and make sure they have access to it at all times. Dehydration can be dangerous, especially in hot weather.
- Protect their paws: Hot pavement, sand, and rocks can burn your dog’s paws. Consider purchasing booties or paw wax to protect their feet.
- Apply sunscreen: Just like humans, dogs can get sunburned too. Use a pet-friendly sunscreen to protect their skin, especially on their nose and ears.
- Watch for heatstroke: Keep an eye out for signs of heatstroke, such as excessive panting, drooling, and lethargy. If your dog is showing these symptoms, move them to a cool, shady spot and offer water.
By following these tips, you can ensure your dog is healthy and happy for your summer vacation. Don’t forget to snap some photos and share your adventures with us!